Sunday, June 3, 2012

New Product Review: Udi's Millet-Chia Bread and Good Karma Flax Milk


Living on the East Coast, I often feel like I'm living in some sort of career-imposed exile from the land of gluten-free abundance (also known as the West).  So, when new GF products finally mosey on out here, I get really, really, ridiculously excited.

I've been wanting to try Udi's GF Millet-Chia bread for months now.  I saw it on the Udi's website, and I've been all antsy in anticipation of some new GF bread from my Colorado brethren.  (I mean, seriously.  A company with a quintessentially Israeli name, based in Colorado and producing delicious GF goods?  Can we get any more up my alley than that?)
Millet-Chia Bread

Happily, my boy Udi didn't disappoint.  The bread is delicious, and I love how totally millet-y it is -- ok, so "millet-y" isn't a real word, but the point here is that there are millet grains embedded in the bread itself.  If that ain't whole grain, friends, then I don't know what is.  Per the usual with Udi's, it tastes great.

Meanwhile, my mother-in-law emailed me a few weeks ago about a product she'd recently heard about but that hadn't yet arrived in Texas: Good Karma Flax Milk.  I'm always on the lookout for good dairy milk alternatives, and I got pretty stoked when I read about this.  Now, a girl needs her omega 3's, and she also needs her calcium -- and the flax milk delivers plenty of both.  



By some act of God, this stuff has arrived in Virginia before making its way to Texas (color me bewildered), so of course I had to pick some up.  Much like Udi's, it didn't disappoint: I got the vanilla flavor, and it's some tasty stuff.  It's creamy, sweet, and it packs quite the nutritional punch -- 1200 mg of omega 3s and as much calcium as dairy milk per serving.  This, I'd say, is an epic win.

You might be guessing that most of my breakfasts for the past week have involved both the bread and the flax milk.

You'd be guessing right.




No comments:

Post a Comment