Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WAIW: The "I want the rain to STOP" edition

I appear to have accidentally moved to Seattle, because it's been raining here for days.  I'd be lying if I said it wasn't driving me nuts (and really, at least if I actually lived in Seattle I'd be able to hang out with my best friend).  I once read a "You Know You're From Colorado If..." article, and one of the bullet points was that you start getting all mopey and cranky if it rains for more than a day.

I can confirm that this is true.

Being raised in the land of 300 days of sunshine a year does NOT prepare a girl for life on the East Coast.  Sigh.  So, with that, we'll call this edition of What I Ate Wednesday the "Rain, rain, go away" installment. :)  Rain aside, though, I'm glad to be getting back to WIAW -- it's a fabulous pot-luck in cyberspace, hosted by the lovely Jenn from Peas & Crayons.




5:45 a.m.:  Grumbling and kvetching as I rolled out of bed, I stumbled to the kitchen and plugged in my favorite new appliance: the espresso maker.  OMFG, this thing is awesome!  I brewed a double shot of the good stuff and made myself an almond-mocha latte (my favorite coffee drink ever): light chocolate soy milk, espresso, a smudge of amaretto syrup, and almond extract.  It's delish like woah.


After a workout that left me with a serious case of Elvis legs (hello, muscle exhaustion!), I made myself a recovery shake (or, because I'm a Middle East wonk, I occasionally like to call them recovery sheikhs).  These shakes, made with spinach, a frozen peach, a frozen banana, almond milk, and Vega Vanilla Almondilla protein powder, can only be described as baller.  Shakes containing spinach shouldn't be so damn good, but this one totally is.


After scurrying off to the office, I was in meetings all morning long -- which meant that by the time I returned to my desk...I had the hunger.  I had it something fierce.  I busted out a Southwest vegetable stew that I made over the weekend (recipe forthcoming in a later post!) and inhaled it.  



I then had to stay late at work, which meant...I had the hunger when I got home, too.  By the time I got back, though, I had no desire whatsoever to cook.  Well, I should revise that: I felt like cooking, but the idea of cleaning anything was enough to leave me sitting in fetal position in the corner, crying and begging for my mother.  Wanting to avoid such a fate, I went with my old standby: Thai food!

Drunken noodles with vegetables = happiness in a styrofoam box
Now it's off to bed, which, particularly when the weather is gross, is something I get really stoked about.  Is it lame that I find myself thinking "Man, I can't wait to sleep!  Sleeping is awesome!"? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment