Monday, October 10, 2011

Almond Mocha = LURVE

I love pretty much anything almond flavored, and I love love love almonds themselves.  (I'm terrified that when hubs and I have kids, they'll have nut allergies that will prohibit the presence of almonds in my home.  Noooooo!)

My Dad also got me hooked on mochas.  When I was in college an in desperate need of something to keep me awake, Dad was the one suggesting I take the plunge and start drinking coffee, and he suggested delicious, velvety, chocolatey mochas.  And holy crap, am I ever glad he did.  They're ridiculously good.

When I was working my first job after college, I decided to combine my two favorite coffee drinks -- mochas and almond soy lattes -- into a delicious concoction.  Since getting my beloved espresso machine, the almond mocha has made a comeback, big time.  I may hate getting up in the morning, but I love getting my hands on a hot almond mocha.

Dear espresso machine, Mommy loves you. Besos, Lillian
I make mine with espresso, but this could easily be done with drip coffee too.  Plus, it's insanely easy to make:

Heat a mug full of chocolate soy milk (I use Silk Light).  Once it's hot, combine it with espresso and 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract.  (If you're doing this with drip coffee, I'd recommend using the soy milk as the creamer and adding a smudge less almond extract.)


Stir, sip, and lurve!



No comments:

Post a Comment